Published on January 27th, 2017 | by Technable0
Convert ANSI Outlook 2002, 2003 PST to 2007, 2010, 2013 UNICODE
Do you want to save corruption because of the size limitation of 2 GB? Then, simply upgrade your MS Outlook. As the older version of MS Outlook stores all, its data in ANSI PST file format that has a size limit of 2 GB. Whereas, in the latest versions of MS Outlook utilize Unicode file format that has the maximum limit of 20 to 50 GB. Even though there are the situations arises in front of some users due to which they need to downgrade MS Outlook because of their personal as well as official reason. In this write-up, we have discussed some ways to convert ANSI PST file to Unicode format.
Technique: How to Upgrade Outlook ANSI PST to UNICODE
There are some steps mentioned below that makes easy for users to convert ANSI PST file to Unicode format.
In MS Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
- Step 1: Launch MS Outlook on your machine.
- Step 2: Click on File tab, choose Info, then, and click on Account Settings then, again click Account Settings.
- Step 3: Now, the dialog box of Account Settings will appear. Select the tab of Data File.
- Step 4: Double-click on the PST file for checking its file format.
- Step 5: The Outlook Data File dialog box will come up on the screen. In the Format box, if the data files of Outlook are shown there then, this means the PST file is in Unicode format.
In MS Outlook 2007 or 2003
- Step 1: Click on the File option then, choose Data File Management.
- Step 2: Now double-click on the Outlook .pst file to check file format.
- Step 3: The dialog box of Outlook Data File will appear. In the Format box, if Outlook Data File is there then, it means that Outlook .pst data file is in Unicode file format. Or, if Data File of MS Outlook (97-2002) is shown there then, it means that Outlook .pst file is in ANSI file format.
Once the format of MS Outlook .pst is determined then, import ANSI PST to Unicode PST format by following the mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Firstly, launch MS Outlook application on your machine and make a new Outlook PST file.
- Step 2: Now change the file name if required.
- Step 3: In the navigation pane, switch to Folder List and copy Contacts, Journal Tasks, Calendar, and Notes folders.
- Step 4: Move all folders from ANSI Outlook PST file to the newly made Unicode .pst file. It can be done by simply Drag & Drop or copy them to newly created Unicode PST file.
It is difficult to utilize this method when Outlook PST file is large in size or it has various just below the root folder. Moreover, it time-consuming and lengthy process.
To overcome the problems faced by the above method users can utilize a software namely PST Upgrade tool. The application is designed in such a way that it takes only a few moments to perform the conversion. Moreover, it does not have any file size limitation to perform the process.
As the technology is upgrading, therefore, various new edition of Outlook is also updating. To be updated with the technology most of the time users need to upgrade their PST files as well. In the above discussion, we have discussed the similar ways to convert ANSI PST file to Unicode PST.