Published on August 19th, 2016 | by administrator0
MXIII-G Android TV Box Review
If you are looking to turn your dumb TV into a smart TV or trying to enhance your existing smart TV (like our Samsung), you should get yourself an android TV box. This allows you to get the extra entertainment and do a lot more with that big screen in your living room. An android TV box enables you to run the smartphone apps, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook on your big screen. You can also run any other apps or your favorite games on the TV using it.
Image Courtesy: GearBest
The box we decided to go with for this is MXIII-G TV Box. Straight out of the package MXIII-G TV box works a treat. You just have to connect it to your TV it takes you to a new world of entertainment. You have the entire Google Play store for apps. But that’s not it, you also get multimedia connectivity for your media at your home computer. This means that you can relay your movies, TV episodes, music and photos stored on your computer to your TV. This box is runs on Android 5.1.1 (which can be upgraded). It runs smoothly while watching movies or running other apps.
The MXIII-G TV Box comes pre-installed with Youtube, Netflix, MX Player, Play Store and our favorite Kodi (XBMC). Our technically “able” readers would know that Kodi is by far the best open source home theater software and adds a lot to your home entertainment equation including Live TV, Streaming Movies and TV Shows and playing media files from your home computer on your TV.
One of the big reasons we got this box was that it supports H.265 Encoding. H.265 is a new video compression standard, one of several potential successors to the widely used AVC (H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10). A lot of media is available in this format and our Samsung Smart TV was in no mood to support it. It was frrrrrrrrustrating that a company like Samsung would not update its firmware to support the new format. MXIII-G supports it out of the box so it was an obvious choice.
This box has powerful Amlogic S812 Quad Core processor with the Octa Core ARM Mali-450 graphics engine provides excellent performance for high definition video playback. Playing from various sources like Twitch, Youtube, Videos from our NAS or a USB flash drive was all smooth and you have the option to use your own video player.
System: Android 5.1
CPU: Amlogic S812
Core: Quad Core
Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
- Comes with a RJ45 jack for 1000M Ethernet which provides a strong network extension.
- True 4K x 2K resolution which delivers best audio and video quality for you.
- Powerful Amlogic S812 Quad Core CPU and Octa Core ARM Mali-450 GPU: Stable and reliable.
- Kodi/XBMC supported. XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats.
- Android 5.1: Rapid and stable, gives you access to over 800,000 apps including Facebook, Youtube, Picasa and more.
- Professional H.265 video decoding technology and 2.4G + 5.8G WiFi, offering a more stable WiFi signal to enjoy a higher quality video experience.
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM, 32GB maximum extended capacity gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
- HDMI 1.4 connector: You can go directly to let your TV and MXIII-G are connected through a HDMI cable and set up your home cinema for the best 4K x 2K Full HD multimedia experience.
- 2 x USB host ports and 1 x OTG port: Connect with your mouse and keyboard to help you operate more convenient.
- Support Miracast, DLNA
Right now seems to be the best time to buy MXIII-G TV Box as its on a flash sale and available for $55.99 with free shipping from GearBest.