Published on October 31st, 2014 | by Technable0
“Paranormal Platformer” Extreme Exorcism Coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC in 2015
Indie developer Golden Ruby Games and publisher Ripstone today announced that “paranormal platformer” Extreme Exorcism will be released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in 2015. Previously, the game was confirmed only for PC.
The announcement today, on Halloween, is fitting, given the game’s subject material. Haven’t heard of Extreme Exorcism? It’s a platformer where “all of your actions will come back to haunt you…”
You play the role of an “extreme exorcist” named MaeBarrons. Her tactics are somewhat unorthodox (“holy water and a Bible just won’t cut it with these ghosts”), so she uses a heavy-powered arsenal of swords, guns, grenades, mines, rocket launchers, and weaponized boomerangs.
She can also use lightning spells and Kung-Fu moves.
The main hook in Extreme Exorcism is that every time you kill a ghost, another appears that copies your every move. “So tread carefully, or prepare to reap what you sow. The longer you survive, the more extreme the game becomes.”
Here are the basics about Extreme Exorcism, courtesy of Golden Ruby Games:
- Story mode covers the ten areas of the haunted mansion culminating in a boss fight
- Comprehensive local multiplayer: non-stop ghost annihilation for up to 4 players
- Story mode playable both co-operatively and solo
- Customizable death match mode–change the weapon set, how ghosts spawn, and the abilities they possess
- Online leaderboards allow youto compare your scores with the wider world
- Challenge mode: specific rulesetups that encourage extreme play
For more on Extreme Exorcism, check out the game’s website and some images in the gallery below.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com