Published on January 12th, 2018 | by Technable0
Techniques to Create EML File from Outlook – Effortless Solution
In today’s era of technology, there are quite large number of mail applications which helps to provide the users with a facility to manage and access the mail data in a very smooth manner. Microsoft Outlook is also one of them and is provided by Microsoft. It is very popular for performing the task of accessing and managing the mail data. Using this email client, users can simply access the mailbox data on their system even without proper internet connectivity. MS Outlook is also capable in managing personal user accounts information including emails, contacts, calendars, etc. But, still some Outlook users want to export emails from Outlook to EML. This task to create EML file from Outlook plays a very important role because Outlook Data files ie. PST files can easily become inaccessible due to some virus attack or due to oversized PST file or either due to some hardware or software issues.
“I need to export Outlook to .eml file which are stored in Windows so that Outlook mails can be easily accessed in Windows Live Mail. I had already tried the Drag and Drop technique but it didn’t worked reliably in my case so I am looking for an alternative approach to perform this conversion process. Can anyone please help me by suggesting any effective software which can perform the same task without any hassle. Thanks in Advance!”
How to Create EML File from Outlook Manually
Follow the below described steps to save Outlook email as EML using Outlook Express:
- Download and install Outlook and navigate to File and click Open.
- Browse and select the Outlook Data File. Now, Click on OK to add PST file to Outlook.
- To export Outlook mail to EML, open Outlook Express and then click on File option.
- Choose the Import option from the drop-down menu and click on Messages from the sub menu.
- A new window will pop-up on the screen as Outlook Express Import and choose Outlook from the list to Select an Email program to Import from. Now, click on the Next option.
- Select the most appropriate options from “All Folders or Select All Folders“.
- Click on Next option to initiate the import process. A congratulation message will appear on the screen and then click on the Finish option.
- Once, the Outlook mailbox data is imported in Outlook Express, users can easily create EML file from Outlook by the drag and drop method.
Limitations of Manual Technique
- Quite-lengthy and time-consuming
- More chances of data loss
- It is necessary that Windows XP and Outlook Express must be installed on the system. Since, Windows XP is an older version of the Windows. So, there is a possibility that the users might not have it because many users have upgraded it to the latest versions of the Windows.
Professional Approach to Create EML File from Outlook
As we all know that all the Manual approaches come with some associated limitations. To overcome these limitations, users are required to save Outlook email as EML in a very simple and effective manner. So, all the Outlook users who want to migrate the mailbox data from PST to EML are always suggested to go for third-party utility like SysTools Mac PST Converter utility to create EML file from Outlook. This tool is capable to convert the Outlook Data files to the most commonly used file formats including EML, MSG, PDF and VCF file formats.
Nowadays, most of the Outlook users prefer to use Manual methods to create EML file from Outlook because these Manual Approaches tend to be simple and free of cost. But when users opt these techniques then it turns out be a more difficult task for them. This blog also describes some of the manual techniques which are capable to export little Outlook data but the Professional Approach is also described which can be performed using third-party tool which helps the users to export Outlook Mail to EML without any hassle and extra efforts.